In reference to creating media, I tend to primarily create poetry. I have recently begun to delve into lyrical essays, as well as performing at poetry slams. Words are an important source of truth and goodness, and I want to be a part of creating more of that in the world. I also absolutely love making or filming funny videos with my younger sisters that have a vibe similar to TikTok videos. These creations make me feel like more of who I am, and they allow me to showcase sides of myself that people normally don't get to see or experience. After some reflection, I have realized that I create the media I do because it brings me joy, and it creates human connection. In reference to consumption, media is like chocolate. I almost never say no to it, although I don't consider it an addiction, merely something that I enjoy. Unless I have too much of it, that is. At this moment in my life, my media use is primarily textbooks and school related sources, so my media consumptions habit...
I thought this was a great constraint assignment and one that I could see working well in a middle school or high school classroom. It required me to do a little bit of research about Thomas Jefferson since it's been a while since I've thought about him, lol. What if rather than being so specific about Thomas Jefferson, you allowed for a broader interpretation by using something more general, like "school" or "grandma's house" or "my uncle" or something like that.
ReplyDelete